Job opening: Site Supervisor/Construction Manager
Join our growing company! Greening Homes is looking to fill one position: Site Supervisor/Construction Manager for Residential Renovation:
Position: Site Supervisor/Construction Manager
We’re looking for a Site Supervisor/Construction Manager who wants to join a young, growing, and multi-award winning renovations company, and help us build amazing green projects for our Toronto clients. We need candidates who have the skill and experience to lead a build team from start to completion, often managing two or more significant build sites at any one time.
Greening Homes Ltd. was established in 2007 to offer clients a fully licensed, WSIB-registered, insured and bonded sustainable renovations company. Emphasizing our holistic building approach, our mandate acts to minimize the environmental impact of our renovations while maximizing the energy efficiency and indoor health of our client’s homes. Potential candidates will be joining a highly skilled crew and off-site administrative team, and will work with us to achieve our mandate by following our five company pillars:
- Responsible waste management
- Careful and informed material selection
- Efficient design and use of resources
- Ensuring healthy indoor air quality
- Smart transportation to and from site
Our projects range from small additions to large whole-house guts, and from light to deep green depending on our clients goals and budget. We have amazing clients and work with some of the best architects and designers in the GTA to develop innovative projects. Learn more at www.greeninghomes.com/about-us/.
Responsible for the on-site management and organization of renovations projects, leadership of crew members and sub-trades, written and verbal communication with clients, project scheduling and quality control.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of green building approaches and building science extremely desirable
- Comfort using Excel spreadsheets essential
- Strong framing and finishing skills
- Ability and able to manage a range of small to large residential renovation projects, including major additions and full house guts with budgets of $70,000 – $1M
- Experience running multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously on the tools and as a leader of a team comprised of other Greening Homes crew members and sub-trades
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clients, management, crew and sub-trades
- Strong sense of construction timelines, order of scheduling, sub-trade management and budgets
- Keen attention to detail with ability to track changes in scope and notify the client and management
- Ability to read and work from building plans, with a working knowledge of the OBC
- Proficiency with all tools and equipment required in a residential renovation from framing to finished carpentry
- Willingness to uphold company health & safety mandates to ensure proper tool and equipment use
- Candidates must have a minimum of 8+ years of experience in the construction and renovations industry with a broad general experience in all facets of the building process
- Previous experience directly managing clients and 2-4 crew + sub-trades in the residential renovation and/or construction industry
- Access to personal vehicle is required, but ideally not to be used at all times as we support alternative means of crew transportation such as walking, cycling and TTC
- Willingness to commit to the holistic alternative vision of Greening Homes as a green renovations company and uphold its mandate at all times
- The candidate must have current WHMIS certification, First Aid and fall protection training (or be willing to acquire this). Other licensure and/or certification such as a Carpentry License or Red is preferred, but not expressly required
Terms of Employment:
- Start date is negotiable for the right candidate, however position is available as of January 3rd, 2017
- 3-month trial probation followed by a performance review
- Mileage paid per km for material and tool runs
- Support for continuing education in green building, building science, etc.
- Competitive compensation, based on experience (paid weekly by direct deposit)
Please email info (at) greeninghomes (dot) com with cover letter and resume. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Greening Homes is an equal opportunity employer and LGBT positive environment.