Job Post: Project Manager/Designer/Estimator
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Project Manager/Designer/Estimator – Residential Renovation
Are you awesome at what you do? Do you want to make a difference in a challenging industry? Are you a designer, architect, or project manager who knows residential renovations?
We’re looking for a Project Manager/Designer/Estimator who wants to join a growing and multi-award winning renovations company, and help us build amazing green projects for our Toronto clients. If you are committed to change, are familiar with developing and overseeing residential renovations work, and are looking for a challenge we want to speak with you!
Greening Homes Ltd. was established in 2007 to offer clients a fully licensed, WSIB-registered, insured and bonded sustainable renovations company. Emphasizing our holistic building approach, our mandate acts to minimize the environmental impact of our renovations while maximizing the energy efficiency and indoor health of our client’s homes. Potential candidates will be joining a highly skilled crew and off-site administrative team, and will work with us to achieve our mandate by following our five company pillars:
- Responsible waste management
- Careful and informed material selection
- Efficient design and use of resources
- Ensuring healthy indoor air quality
- Smart transportation to and from site
Our projects range from small additions to large whole-house guts, and from light to deep green depending on our clients goals and budget. We have amazing clients and work with some of the best architects and designers in the GTA to develop innovative projects.
Our Project Managers are responsible for the design, development, and off-site management of renovations projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of green building approaches and building science extremely desirable
- University degree or relevant training/experience
- Comfort using Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to read, work, and revise building plans, with a working knowledge of the OBC
- Experience running multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clients, sub-trades, and team members
- Strong sense of construction timelines, order of scheduling, sub-trade management and budgets
- Keen attention to detail with ability to track changes in scope and notify the client and management
- Interior design, architectural, or engineering background highly desirable
- Willingness to commit to the holistic alternative vision of Greening Homes as a green renovations company and uphold its mandate at all times
Terms of Employment:
- Start date is negotiable for the right candidate, however position is available immediately
- 3-month trial probation followed by a performance review
- Support for continuing education in green building, building science, etc.
- Competitive compensation, based on experience (paid weekly by direct deposit): we want the best and are willing to compensate accordingly!
- Greening Homes is committed to employee education and skills development.
Please email ybambrick (at) greeninghomes (dot) com with cover letter and resume, ATTN: Yvonne Bambrick. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Deadline to apply: Monday, January 3 at 11:59 p.m.
We will view Toronto based applications only.
Greening Homes is an equal opportunity employer and LGBT positive environment.