We’re Hiring a Lead Carpenter
LEAD CARPENTER – RESIDENTIAL RENOVATION
We’re looking for a Lead Carpenter who wants to join a young and growing renovations company, and help us build amazing green projects for our Toronto clients. We need candidates to have the skill and experience to take a project from framing all the way to finishing, as well as to lead and manage smaller sites on their own.
Greening Homes Ltd. was established in 2007 to offer clients a fully licensed, WSIB-registered, insured and bonded sustainable renovations company. Emphasizing our holistic building approach, our mandate acts to minimize the environmental impact of our renovations while maximizing the energy efficiency and indoor health of our client’s homes. Potential candidates will be joining a highly skilled crew, and will work with us to achieve our mandate by following our five company pillars:
• Responsible waste management
• Careful and informed material selection
• Efficient design and use of resources
• Ensuring healthy indoor air quality
• Smart transportation to and from site
Our projects range from small additions to large whole-house guts, and from light to deep green depending on our clients goals and budget. We have amazing clients and work with some of the best architects and designers in the GTA to develop innovative projects. Visit our website at www.greeninghomes.com for more information.
Responsible for leading 2-4 carpenter and/or labourer crew members on-site and supporting the Construction Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Proficiency with of all aspects of a residential renovation including but not limited to foundation forming, framing, structural alterations, insulation and vapour barrier, window & door installation, some drywall patching, exterior cladding, flooring, trim and other finished carpentry
• Emphasis on strong framing skills
• Ability to read and work from building plans, with a working knowledge of the OBC
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clients, management, crew and sub-trades
• Strong sense of residential construction’s order of operations
• Keen attention to detail with ability to track changes in scope and notify the construction manager
• Willingness to uphold company health & safety mandates to ensure proper tool and equipment use
• Knowledge of green building approaches and building science is extremely desirable
• Candidates must have a minimum of 6+ years full-time carpentry experience in the residential construction industry
• Previous experience leading 2-3 crew in the residential renovation and/or construction industry
• Access to personal vehicle is required. Must be willing to use alternative means of transportation such as walking, cycling and TTC when transporting tools is not required
• The candidate must have current WHMIS certification, First Aid and fall protection training (or be willing to acquire this). Other licensure and/or certification such as a Carpentry License or Red is preferred, but not expressly required
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Opening April 2015
• 3-month trial probation followed by a performance review
• Mileage paid per km for material and tool runs
• All Greening Homes crew are official employees with all deductions/WSIB paid by company
• $25 – $30.00 per hour (paid weekly by direct deposit)
Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org with resumes and inquiries!
Greening Homes is an equal opportunity employer and LGBT positive environment.